Sunday, May 4, 2008

National Day of Prayer

Last Wednesday I had the joy of participating in the National Day of Prayer with my church, Bethany United Methodist, of Jefferson, GA. It was truly a moving event.

Bethany was asked to coordinate the activities for Jackson County for the National Day of Prayer. Johnny Ray, my pastor, did a great job of pulling together a half dozen or so pastors from churches throughout the county.

We all gathered on the old courthouse lawn in front of the memorial to the fallen servicemen and women from Jackson County. It was a beautiful day for this event.

Each participant was asked to step before the gathered crowd and pray for a specific group or segment of our population. I was asked to pray on behalf of the military and it was truly an honor. As most of you know I'm an active member of the Georgia Army National Guard as well as an Iraq combat veteran.

I'd like to thank the other churches that participated as well as the Jackson County High School ROTC program for providing the color guard. Those young men and women looked great and did a wonderful job of presenting the colors.

God Bless America!

No comments: