Friday, May 23, 2008

Thursday night on Big A Road - Toccoa GA

I last passed through Toccoa a few weeks back when my son, Will, and I were heading to Lake Burton for a camping/fishing trip. We stopped in one of the big grocery stores on our way up to "stock up" with the good stuff two men need when they go camping. You know, pop tarts, Oreo’s, eggs, bacon, and milk. We know how to do it right.

Yesterday I was in Toccoa for the monthly meeting of the Stephens County Democrats. They had a very nice gathering at the Quincy's on Big A road. Who can complain about good political discussion combined with something as southern as the Quincy's buffet?

All the local democratic candidates were in attendance and each had an opportunity to speak. It looks like the team is working hard to field good sensible candidates in Stephens.

I spoke for about 15 minutes and then fielded a few questions. The same topics always come up; the Economy, Iraq, and Healthcare. People are hurting in this country and they want responsible leadership that will work to solve real problems. They're tired of partisan rhetoric. I spoke honestly and responsibly about solving problems. I know we have a lot of work ahead of us. We just have to begin the job immediately. I'm ready!

Now's the Time!

No comments: