Sunday, April 6, 2008

Nascar Week 7

For the second time in seven weeks I've managed to climb to the top of the National Guard Fantasy Racing League. YES!

I'm a big fan of Nascar and watch or listen to nearly every race. The only sport that I love more is GEORGIA BULLDOG FOOTBALL. Of course, I love my DAWGS but for 36 Sundays a year (Sometimes a Saturday instead) I can't wait for "Gentleman, Start your engines!".

I got involved in this league in 2004 but didn't get to be a player. I had to wait until 2005 to enter my first team. That year wasn't so good for my team. It had a lot to do with the fact I spent the whole year in Baghdad with the 3rd Infantry Division.

Last year I finished 6th in a league of 50 players. I had a late season surge to overcome a horrendous start. I was around 45th after Busch and Stewart wrecked each other in the final laps of the Daytona 500.

This year has been a great year for me so far. I began the season with a strong finish in Daytona (2nd) and haven't dropped below 3rd for the season. This week I moved into 1st for the second time thanks to a great pick with Carl Edwards. I was the only player in the top ten to pick him as my "A" driver.

Overall it was a good weekend for Saxon Racing. My son, Will, brother Mark, and nephew, Mason all moved up positions with strong finishes in Texas.

In case you're wondering. I'm a Hendrick Motorsports follower. Go National Guard and Go Junior!

No comments: